Blog Archive

Saturday 27 February 2016

Make-up Review |Ella&Lucy

Hey guys!
So today I thought I would do a review on some relatively new/recently purchased items. I'm basically just going to go through them and have a little chat about them.

MAC:
Firstly I'm going to talk about the MAC products. They are four lip glosses. The three matte ones are Cremesheen Glass and the glittery one is the Dazzle Glass. Unfortunately I don't know what the colours are of them because I got them all in a set for Christmas in a really cute little box. Before I talk about them I just want to say that they all apply so easily and they are so smooth. I have quite a lot of lip glosses and these are defo my faves. They also last a really good amount of time before you have to re-apply.
So the two I have here are more day time wear and nice neutral pinky colours. I usually use the paler pinky one to school and sometimes the rosier pink one. They are such gorgeous colours and also such a good quality!
These colours I'd personally save for when I go to parties or out for a meal as they are definitely much bolder to wear. The Cremesheen Glass is a deep purple howerver I don't really think that it turns out that dark on my lips. The Dazzle Glass is a perfect top coat for any of these, which is what I really like about it.

Urban Decay:



Onto Urban Decay. For Christmas I got the Naked 3 Palette. This is probably one of the first eye shadow palettes I have ever owned so I love trying out with it. It has some beautiful pink shades and even the darker colours in the palette have a rose gold shimmer going through them (not sure if you can tell from the picture)which is nice. I'm not really sure if the shades suit me but I'm still experimenting with me. (I have brown eyes). I also have to add in that the packaging is beautiful as well. Also, the the palette came with little testers of the different primer potions that Urban Decay have which is always a bonus.  

Rimmel:

I got both of these items pretty recently but I've had enough time to kind of see what they're like.
The first item I got was the Wake Me Up concealer. It's easy to apply however I don't think it really suited my skin and it would get clumpy and almost cakey but I didn't look too bad. It does has a shimmer to it which I don't mind but if you want more of a natural look then just be careful with this. When I covered my spots with it, it covered them but again I found that personally it was just a bit too obvious. Overall it is a good product which I will use again sometime in the future.
This second product I got based on the fact that I had heard so many people rave about it so I was really excited to try it out. If you don't know what it is then it is a powder that basically sets your makeup all day.So far it seems to work well and I don't really have much else to say. I would definitely recommend this if you do find that your makeup comes off during the day like mine does! 

Ella
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment